Wilpen Gorr Gis Tutorial Assignment
GIS Tutorial 1: Basic Workbook is a top selling introductory text for learning ArcGIS for Desktop. This workbook presents a range of GIS tools and functionality, from querying interactive maps to collecting data and running geoprocessing tools. Its detailed exercises, ""Your Turn"" sections, and homework assignments can be adapted to learning GIS in a classroom or for independent study. Also included is an authorization code to download a 180-day trial version of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 software and a DVD with data for working through the exercises. Instructor resources are available.
Wilpen L. Gorr is a professor of public policy and management information systems at the School of Public Policy and Management, H. John Heinz III College, Carnegie Mellon University, where he teaches and researches GIS applications. He is also chairman of the school’s Master of Science in Public Policy and Management degree program.
Kristen S. Kurland is a professor of architecture, information systems, and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University’s H. John Heinz III College and School of Architecture, where she teaches GIS, BIM, CAD, 3D visualization, and infrastructure management. Her research includes spatial analysis of health issues.
- The GIS 20: Essential Skills, third edition, revised for ArcGIS DesktopÂ® 10.6, presents step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and practical tips on how to perform the top 20 skills needed to successfully use a geographic information system (GIS). These skills include finding and editing data, querying GIS maps, creating reports, and sharing and publishing maps.
- GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGISÂ® Pro: A Platform Workbook is an introductory text for learning ArcGIS Pro, the premier professional desktop GIS application. In-depth exercises that use ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS apps feature the latest GIS technology show readers how to make maps, how to create and analyze spatial data, and how to manage systems with GIS.
- Imagery and GIS: Best Practices for Extracting Information from Imagery shows how imagery can be integrated successfully into GIS maps and analysis. In this essential reference, discover how imagery brings value to GIS and how GIS can be used to derive value from imagery.
- The first single-project GIS textbook on the market, Understanding GIS: An ArcGISÂ® Pro Project Workbook is an excellent resource for students and educators seeking a guide for an advanced, single-project-based course that incorporates GIS across a wide range of disciplines.
- Instructional Guide for The ArcGIS Imagery Book, the companion workbook to The ArcGIS Imagery Book: New View, New Vision (Esri Press, 2016), provides hands-on activities and lessons that build on foundational imagery and GIS concepts. Whether you are a self-learner or teaching GIS in a classroom, this guide provides the materials to develop and apply ArcGIS imagery tools, maps, and concepts.
- Making Spatial Decisions Using ArcGIS Pro is a textbook that provides the user with a broad overview of the capabilities of using ArcGIS Pro to use geospatial tools to solve real-world problems.
- The ArcGIS Book: 10 Big Ideas about Applying The Science of Where and its companion website provide access to hundreds of live maps from the worldwide ArcGIS user community.
- In Tribal GIS: Supporting Native American Decision-Making, tribal leaders tell their stories about implementing and using geographic information systems (GIS) to address their unique challenges as sovereign Nations.
Instructor Resources/Desk Copy Requests
Instructors may request desk copies of Esri Press books, and supplementary resources where available, for use in higher education curriculum. Submit your request via the Desk Copy Request Form.
Exercises, data, software, and updates are available for certain Esri Press books. Check out what resources are available for your book.
How to Buy
You can buy Esri Press books online, by calling 1-800-447-9778 within the United States, or at bookstores worldwide. If you are ordering from outside the U.S., please see ordering options.
Information for Resellers
Esri Press books are available to resellers in the United States and Canada through Ingram Publisher Services (IPS).
Ingram Publisher Services
Phone: 1-866-400-5351; FAX: 1-800-838-1149
Visit ingrampublisherservices.com/ordering for a complete guide to placing orders for Esri Press books.
About Esri Press
Esri Press publishes books about the science, application, and technology of geographic information systems (GIS). Esri Press supports the global community with publications that advance geographic understanding, literacy, and learning in all endeavors, including education, business, government, and health care.
Contact Esri Press
Submit your book questions, comments, suggestions, or proposals.
Esri Press Catalog
- View new and popular titles
Browse By Category