Distribution Coordinator Cover Letter
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999 C: (555) 123-9876 email@example.com
February 17, 2014
RE: Logistics, February 17, 2014
Dear Katherine Price,
Your advertisement for a Logistics as listed in LiveCareer job board is of great interest to me. As a diligent, solution-focused Regional Transportation Manager with extensive experience in leading teams in dispatch, loading, and movement of crude oil from and pipeline systems, I am confident in my ability to make a significant impact with your organization.
Upon review of my credentials you will find that I have continually utilized my skills and knowledge in safe and compliant loading, unloading and over-the-road hauling of crude oil to contribute to the success of an assignment and improvement in operational effectiveness. Committed to realizing greater efficiency through appropriate allocation and movement of resources, I feel I am well prepared to advance your organization’s needs.
The following highlights indicate that I am well positioned to excel in this role:
- Utilized in-depth knowledge of safe and compliant crude oil hauling practices and regulations to lead the start-up, growth, and ongoing management of regional transportation department of fast-growing business.
- Proven success in hiring, training, developing, and certifying teams of crude oil truckers; responsible for ensuring all regional order are accurately and safely fulfilled on daily basis.
- Energetic team player and leader willing to take on extra responsibilities, new projects, and special assignments to achieve corporate objectives and production deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all levels in the organization.
In closing, I look forward to a personal interview where we can further discuss how my qualifications will meet the needs of (Name of Organization). Thank you for considering my credentials.
Distribution Manager Cover Letter
Distribution manager cover letter is a document that you should be sent along with your resume. This plays a vital role in getting your resume the much needed attention from the employers. It should contain vital information that will hold the attention of the employer and persuade him to read your resume. Although you can emphasize on your achievements make sure you do not confuse the reader. Hence it is good that you emphasize to the point and make it concise.
You may have an amazing resume and the required skills and qualification in your field. Most of the employers do not see this, and your job application may go to the trash even without being read. Hence, it is important that you get the attention of the employer from the first go. The cover letter is said to be the first document that they may look at before they read your resume. This can be one deciding factor for whether you should be called for an interview or not.
To grab the attention of the employer, it is a good way to explain them your skills and experience and how your achievements can match the job post.
- First of all, you should state the skills and experience that you have that are relevant for the job post. You can associate them with the requirement of the organization.
- You can cite examples that show you as an ideal candidate for the position. Such examples do get the attention from the employers and create a good impact on them.
- The letter is also referred to as a marketing tool. Hence make the best possible use of it to sell you skills. It should focus on what you can offer the company.
- A good research on the organization and showing them you have a good knowledge on them will surely impress them.
The sample cover letter for distribution manager will guide you to write an effective and impressive cover letter.
Date: MM/ DD/ YYYY
Dear Mr. / Ms. (Employer's Last Name),
I learned about your requirement for the position of a distribution manager at (mention the name where the advertisement was published). My experience makes me a suitable candidate for the job post. I have enclosed my resume with this letter that will give you further detail about my work experience and educational background.
I have worked with (mention your previous work place) for ten years. My role there was in the distribution management, business administration and other distribution facility of the organization. I have designed a proper layout that assisted the different processes and programs of the company in the distribution facility. I was appreciated for my work and was awarded as the best employee of the year award as well. In addition to all these, I have managed many departmental budgets and monitoring of the productive goals which lead the growth of the company by 10 percent. Prior to this I also worked as distribution manager in a small manufacturer firm (mention the name here). My role here was more in the monitoring of the quality and quantity of the good of the company. In addition to this, I also hired the training staff and have handled complaints and given valid solutions to the clients of the company. I have excellent communication skills and am capable of solving and analyzing problems.
I would appreciate if we can meet up for a follow interview and discuss on this more. I can be contacted at (insert contact details) or email me at (mention your email address).
Thank you so much for reviewing my letter and considering it for the post.
Enclosures: Resume and Work Experience Certificates
Distribution manager cover letter is a professional way to ask for a job interview and discuss on this more in detail. It should also show your interest and enthusiasm for the job post. I hope the sample and the tips will help you write one effective cover letter and help you get your dream job.