Hubungan Etnik Assignment Of Contract
(1) To the extent that the assignment of a contract involves an assignment of rights, Article 9.1.14 applies accordingly.
(2) To the extent that the assignment of a contract involves a transfer of obligations, Article 9.2.8 applies accordingly.
The assignment of a contract entails both an assignment of the original rights and a transfer of the original obligations from the assignor to the assignee. In parallel to what has been said about defences under Article 9.3.6, the operation should not adversely affect the other party’s situation as an obligee and it should place the assignee in the same situation as the assignor in its capacity as obligee.
As a consequence, the provisions of Sections 1 and 2 of this Chapter concerning rights related to the claim assigned and to the obligation transferred will apply accordingly.
When the assignee acts against the other party, it may assert all the rights to payment or other performances under the contract assigned with respect to the rights assigned, as well as all rights securing such performance (see Article 9.1.14). When the other party exercises its rights, it may assert all its rights to payment or other performances under the contract with respect to the obligation transferred against the assignee (see Article 9.2.8(1)). Securities granted for the performance of the assignor’s obligations are maintained or discharged in accordance with Article 9.2.8(2) and (3).
1. A service contract provides that late payment of the yearly fees due by customer X to supplier A will bear interest at the rate of 10%. With X’s consent, A assigns the contract to supplier B. When X fails to pay the yearly fees on time, B is entitled to claim such interest (see Article 9.1.14(a)).
2. The facts are the same as in Illustration 1, but X has also provided A with a bank guarantee covering payment of the fees. B may call upon that guarantee should X fail to pay the fees (see Article 9.1.14(b)).
3. Company X has ordered the construction and installation of industrial equipment from company A. Performance levels have been agreed between the parties, and the contract provides for liquidated damages should actual performance be insufficient. With X’s consent, A assigns the contract to company B. The assignee delivers equipment that does not meet the required performance levels. X may avail itself of the liquidated damages against B (see Article 9.2.8(1)).
4. The facts are the same as in Illustration 3, but A has provided X with a bank guarantee covering satisfactory performance. The bank guarantee will not apply to B’s obligations resulting from the assignment, unless the bank accepts to continue to offer its guarantee in respect of the assignee’s obligations (see Article 9.2.8(2)).
Es todo. Это. - Si. Беккер попросил дать ему картонную коробку, и лейтенант отправился за .