Cultural Comparison Essay Topics
The Purpose of Compare and Contrast Essay
When you have to compare two subjects, movies, music tracks, tastes, people, and other topics, there is nothing better than doing it with the help of compare and contrast essay.
The first topics are assigned when you study at school. This assignment seems very easy then as far as the topics are simple, and students just have to write down whatever comes to their minds. The usage of quotations and sources, on the whole, is not obligatory. College demands are much stricter. Students must gain more skills during his high school education to succeed with his tasks in college. Compare and contrast essay becomes more difficult as the range of topics also expands.
What we mean is that it is much more complicated to describe and compare some presidential elections or two wars than focus on the contrast between your two favorite book or movie characters. In the first case, students will have to search for up-to-date, relevant sources that support their topics. In addition, students usually have a right to choose when studying at high school. College dictates its own rules. Professors assign you the topics, so there is no list to choose from. The main goal is to force students to conduct in-depth research and learn more about qualitative/quantitative studies.
Another goal of the compare and contrast essay is to convince your audience in your point of view. You may write your ideas on the battle between Batman and Superman based on the recent motion picture. However, you will need to operate facts from other sources if you want to prove that, let’s say, Superman will win in any case.
High Rates Compare & Contrast Essay Topics
So, we have discovered that compare and contrast essay is all about finding similarities and differences between two topics. The next section of this article is dedicated to the best topics for your comparison essay.
Although such essays can cover any topics in the world, they should involve no less than two discussed subjects and comparison. Compare and contrast essay should also contain some arguments to support the author’s opinion.
- American Life vs. European Life: Cultural Differences and Similarities
- Living in a Dream or Living in Reality?
- How Much Is College Education Different from University?
- New Year to Christmas.
- Best Friend vs. Worst Enemy
- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and Angel: Which Project of Joss Whedon Was More Successful?
- What’s in Common Between Snobs and Nerds (If Any?)
- World War I and World War II: Contrast the Causes
- Poverty against Richness: The Eternal Fight
- Black People and White People: Does the Color Really Matter?
- School Bullies to Dictators
- Compare & Contrast Paper vs. Argumentative Paper
- Ancient Time and Modern Days: Comparison
- Romeo & Juliet or Beauty and the Beast: Which Love Story Is More Tragic?
- Life on Earth and Life on Mars: The Thoughts of Great People
- Are College Students More Lucky Than High School Students (in the shape of bullet list)
- Traditional books against Cinematography: Are All Books Better Than Motion Pictures Based on Their Plots?
- Black & White: A New Approach to Two Colors
- Can the Process of Writing an Essay Be Compared to the Visit to Doctor?
- Is Political Arena Influenced by the Church and Religion?
- Acting to Giving Promises
- Hurricanes to Blizzards
- Flying or Swimming
- Cars or Airplanes: Which Transport Is Safer?
- Being Afraid to Being Tired
- Using Apple to Using Android
- Women Rights Today to the Last Decade
- Night Time vs. Day Time
- Argumentative Topics and Reflective Topics
- Business Issues to Humanitarian Issues in College
- Check Similarities and Differences of Traditional Mail and Email
- Rock Music and Metal Music
- Learning to Ride a Bike to Learning to Drive a Car
- "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" to "God Bless America"
- Comparing Public and Private Schools
- Beauty and Ugliness in My World
- Benefits of Working in Office vs. Benefits of Working from Home
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
Culture is defined as shared knowledge, interactions, understanding and behavioral patterns of a group of people. These shared ways of living can range from language, religion to music and arts. When writing about culture, there are quite a bit of topic that could be written about especially when it comes to comparing and contrasting different aspects of culture. Here are a few suggestions about compare and contrast topics relating to culture along with recommendations on how to go about tackling each essay topic.
Does your family influence the way you act while out in society or is the influence of your friend stronger?
With the changes in the laws of the day, more people are looking into being in civil unions vs. getting marriage. Distinguish the difference between the two and the benefits of both.
There are so many aspects of African-American and Latino cultures that one cannot help but notice is an inspiring aspect of society. Provide the differences between the two.
Be sure to touch on the use of social media by teenagers. How does it contradict what parents teach their children?
The college experience is different for those who live on campus and those who live off campus. Compare the benefits of both.
Some people prefer to read, and others prefer to watch the movie (if there is a movie based on a book), why?
There has definitely been a rise in social media users. How has that happened? Compare the steady rise and influence on social media today vs. its influence ten years ago.
Today’s society is full of coffee drinkers but with the recent rise in living a healthy lifestyle, tea drinkers are on the rise. Explore the difference between the two.
In essence, which is better? Does doing one or the other depend on the individual’s lifestyle?
With changes happening in society, you notice that people are swayed one way or the other. What pattern is being seen today?
These are just a few topics that could be written about. There are loads more culturally based topics that you can write about. With any writing, make sure what you decide to write is something that you are passionate about.