Descriptive Essay About A Person Pdf Free
A descriptive essay is a kind of essay that uses the senses to describe a specific object in the form of writing. There are a lot of topics that can be used for this kind of essay as you can literally describe almost everything that you encounter on a daily basis. Even items that you’ve only read of or saw a photograph of, you can actually describe through their characteristics.
The outline of a descriptive essay may actually vary depending on what a writing project or assignment asks. It also varies on the writing styles and techniques of the person who is writing the essay. That is why we collated the best descriptive essays samples and Essay Outline Template from all over the Internet on which you could base your essay.
Descriptive Essay Writing Template
Descriptive Essay Outline Template
Descriptive Essay Plan Template
Short Descriptive Essay Template
Self Descriptive Essay Template
Everything under the Sun
There is no limit as to what you can write for your essay. In the simplest of ways, a descriptive essay could be considered a commentary on the everyday scenery you encounter and even issues plaguing your neighborhood. Here a few topics you could start writing on:
- An inanimate object
- A plant specie that may or may not be newly discovered
- A significant or influential person
- The kind of weather that people experience on different parts of the world
- An animal
- A place that they want to visit
- An experience that they want to relive
- An unforgettable situation
- A memory
- A specific emotion
The topics that can be covered by a descriptive essay can be considered as limitless as you can describe all the things even those that do not interest you just by using your senses—sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell.
These senses will help you describe anything according to their physical attribute, how they taste, their textures, how they sound, and how they smell. You can associate all the words that you can think of that describes specific items depending on how you were able to perceive them according to your senses.
Unlike an Argumentative Essay, a Descriptive essay can give a person more creative freedom as it is not constrained to just giving an opinion that is based on facts and related information. A descriptive essay relies on how an individual interprets things based on how he or she sees them.
Library Descriptive Essay Template
Personal Descriptive Essay Template
One Page Descriptive Essay Template
Rubric For Descriptive Essay Template
Think of a Topic
If you want to start writing a descriptive essay, think of the focal point of your writing first. From there, identify the sense that you need to use to describe it. It can be just one sense or a combination of any of them depending on the object of your writing.
Make sure to use words that are appropriate for the description of an object. It is truly fun to write about something based on how you perceive and look at them. Also, make sure that you are a responsible writer by assuring that all the things that you are write will not hurt anyone or any person related to what you are describing.
Aside from descriptive essays, we can provide you with a Scholarship Essay that you may use as a reference should you be needing to create one.
You may also like
Essay Outline Template - 4+ Free Sample,Example Format Free ...
Personal Essay – 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format Download ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Interview Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Argumentative Essays – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format Free ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Evaluation Essay Template - 5 Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Scholarship Essays Example - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Leadership Essay – 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format Download ...
Scholarship Essay – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format to ...
Make your reader see, smell, hear and feel with these inspirational descriptive essay topics! We’ve collected 50 descriptive essay topics to sprout some flowery language. Our essay topics are designed to spark creative thinking and can be modified for students in elementary, middle and high school. They are grouped by topic for easy student and teacher reference. Feel free to print the entire list for plenty of inspiration for your next descriptive essay assignment!
Place Essay Topics
- Describe your favorite place.
- Describe your ideal bedroom.
- Describe the house in which you grew up.
- Describe what the first house on the moon would look like.
- Describe some of your favorite places in your hometown.
- Describe a peaceful place that you’ve visited.
- Describe a place that exists only in your imagination.
- Describe a friend’s or family member’s house where you enjoy spending time.
- Describe your perfect fantasy vacation destination.
- Describe your favorite store.
- Describe your favorite teacher’s classroom.
- Describe a museum that you’ve visited recently.
- Describe a place you have dreamed about that doesn’t exist in real life.
- Describe a place where your pet likes spending time.
- Describe an outdoor place that you know well.
People Essay Topics
- Describe your favorite person.
- Describe each of your family members.
- Describe a famous person that you would like to meet.
- Describe one of your friends.
- Describe one aspect of someone that you like (for example: laugh, style of dress, words that the person likes to use, etc.)
- Describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
- Describe the average human to an alien who has never before seen a person.
- Describe your pet.
- Look at some old family photos and describe an older family member as he or she was when at your age.
- Describe someone whom you miss.
Object Essay Topics
- Describe an object that is special to you.
- Give a tour of one room in your house by describing the most important objects in that room.
- Describe one of your favorite outfits.
- Describe your favorite toy as a child.
- Describe how you get around (for example: a bicycle, skateboard, sneakers, your parents’ car, the school bus).
- Describe your favorite piece of furniture where you like to spend time and relax.
- Describe something that you would bury in a time capsule to tell people about what life is like today.
- Describe an object that has been in your family for a long time.
- Choose a piece of food to eat; then, write a description of it that includes the way it looks, smells and tastes.
- Describe a smartphone to a time traveler from the 1900s.
Memories Essay Topics
- Describe your oldest memory.
- Describe your best summer vacation.
- Describe a memorable concert you attended.
- Describe a memorable trip you took.
- Describe a special time that you and your family had together.
- Describe the first time you met one of your friends.
- Describe a time you met someone famous.
- Describe one of your happiest memories.
- Describe one of your saddest memories.
- Describe a time that you felt scared.
- Describe a time that you felt excited.
- Describe a time that something totally unexpected happened.
- Describe a memory of someone whom you miss.
- Describe one of your most memorable first days of school.
- Describe one of your most embarrassing moments.
Looking for more essay topics?
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Narrative Essay Topics
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics