Brainstorming For Expository Essays Topic Examples
Planning and Writing an Expository Essay
Writing an expository essay, also known as an informational essay, can be a mundane task for some, especially if the professor leaves the topic choice completely up to you. For some, that could be similar to asking them to find a needle in a haystack. However, if you plan properly and follow the following steps, writing an expository essay will be a piece of cake.
Tips for Planning the Expository Essay
- Brainstorm the topic - Whether it is one you pick or one you are assigned, make sure to take time to brainstorm.
- Create an outline - This keeps your thoughts clear and organized. You can add or delete thoughts and ideas later, the important thing is to get them on paper.
- Walk away - Do not try to write this essay in one day. Take some time away from the essay in order to give your brain a chance to process what you already have on paper.
- Know where to go - This means you should know where to go to get proper citation examples, research material, and proofreading and editing help.
Tips for Writing an Expository Essay
- Research - Use your outline as a guide to getting your research in order. It is highly recommended that you do your research prior to writing the essay and not during.
- Strong thesis statement - Make sure your thesis statement is strong, clear, and upfront in your first paragraph.
- Remain clear and logical throughout the essay - Make sure your transitions are sensible and in some kind of order. You want the reader t be able to follow your essay with ease. This includes not just the body but also the introduction and the conclusion.
- Evidence - The body of your expository essay needs to show evidence supporting what you are saying. When it comes to evidence, the rule is quality over quantity. Do not fill your essay with useless info from sources that may not be considered reputable.
- Remember to remain creative - Although this is an informational essay, you still want it to be fun to read. Throwing in bits of creativity also helps the body of the essay flow better for the reader.
- End with a strong conclusion - Stay away from introducing more info in the conclusion. Instead, reiterate your position and a couple of facts to back it up.
There you have it, an easy to follow guide to writing an expository essay.
If you are going to write an expository essay, be prepared to spend much time hitting books. Creating an effective essay of this type may seem to be a more difficult task compared to other essays. The main idea here is to explain some situation or describe how a certain process works.
From its name, you may guess that you should have a clear picture of a certain thing in order to provide your reader with a clear and concise explanation. It is impossible to talk about the topic you either don’t know anything about or are not interested in. That’s why you should do a great pre-writing job looking for the attractive topic, which you would like to present to your target audience.
DO MY HOMEWORK FOR ME
Writing an essay isn’t as easy as ABC, especially, if you can’t do without making a research instead of developing a work based on your own experience. You can include information based on your personal life findings, but it shouldn’t be the only source.
The key to success in the process of essay writing is a proper organization of work and an understanding why you are going to do this task. You may face a range of questions, which will be answered here. It is possible to write an A-grade expository essay only by following the guidelines and step-by-step instructions.
What is an Expository Essay?
If it is the first time when you hear the name “an expository essay”, you may wonder: “What is an expository essay and how it should be written?” First of all, it is necessary to understand what it is all about. To explain what is an expository essay in simple words, you should memorize one easy formula: information plus analysis.
Imagine that your friend has asked you about something and you need to give him as many details as possible analyzing how something works. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
After you have answered the most important question “What is an expository essay?” you should start searching for the relevant information. Be careful using materials taken from the internet since not all sources are reliable and for this paper type credible sources are of utmost important. Find the trustworthy information for the essay topic you are going to work on.
Look at the expository essay samples, which one can easily find on the Internet nowadays. Before you get started, not only read the essay type definition but have an illustrative example, which will be helpful while writing an essay.
Top-Rated Expository Essay Examples
Look at the expository essay examples to have a clear picture of the writing style and requirements.
An expository essay sample on the topic “The effective methods to feel happy.”
An expository essay example on the topic” How to react to the teenager’s wish to date?”
These two expository essay examples may be helpful while creating your own essay.
Expository Essay Definition
An expository essay is an essay that requires to examine a specific topic and give arguments. It involves a presentation of the main thought in a clear manner using the contrast and comparison and including the relevant examples and explanations of certain phenomena.
Unique Expository Essay Topics
There are a lot of expository essay topics to choose from. Haven’t been assigned a definite topic yet and need to make a choice on your own? Then you should focus on your reader. Brainstorm ideas and choose the topic which is able to attract your audience. Avoid general topics and be specific. Narrow your research sphere, making it clear and concise.
Here you will find expository essay topics, which will help you come up with the most suitable one, depending on your educational establishment requirements.
Expository Essay Topics 8th Grade
- Explain how you like spending free time and why.
- Whom would you like to look after and why?
- Give instructions how to ride a bicycle.
- How to memorize new English words?
- How do you feel when you get bad grades?
Great Expository Essay Topics
- How to lead a healthy lifestyle on a tight budget?
- How to stop bullying in high educational establishments?
- What is the impact of new information technologies on people’s relations?
- How do computer games influence kids?
- How not to be materialistic?
Good Expository Essay Topics
- How to manage your time and not be late?
- Which strong points do you have?
- Which effect does Internet have on modern communication?
- How not to become shopping addicted person if you have money?
- What is the reason for the high percentage of divorces?
Expository Essay Topics for High School Students
- Who is your favorite film superhero and why?
- Do people need to stay independent?
- How do you understand “love”?
- Explain what is friendship for you?
- What is the secret of successful people?
Topics for Expository Essays for College
Find the best college essay topics:
- How to minimize the negative influence of media on people’s lives?
- Where to invest money in and why?
- Which writer is your favorite one and why?
- How to become a leader?
- How does music influence people’s life?
WRITE MY EXPOSITORY ESSAY PLEASE
How to Write an Expository Essay
Are you ready with the topic? Then the next step will be to learn more about the expository essay structure. Those who have already written essays know how to write an expository essay as the structure is somewhat similar to the one other papers have.
It should be well-organized and sound logical. As any other essay, there is an introductory part, a body consisting of not less than 4-5 paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Each one has its own features, which you can check out here.
Expository Essay Outline
When writing an expository essay, remember that a key to success is a logical plan. Before you write your essay from scratch, you should work on an outline.
- Start with an introduction, which should be short but informative;
- Proceed with five-paragraph main body, containing analysis and all findings;
- Make a conclusion, which should summarize but not include any new facts.
Expository Essay Introduction
An introduction is the most important part of your piece of writing. If you don’t succeed in making it eye-catchy, your reader is unlikely to continue reading your essay.
It is very important to pay special attention to the opening sentence. Take into account these three main prompts.
- Provide an interesting dilemma or ask a disputable question;
- Introduce all necessary pieces of information to help a reader understand the intention of your writing;
- Write an effective expository essay thesis statement.
How to Write an Expository Essay Thesis?
- Present facts to your reader;
- Help them understand the main idea;
- Explain which aim you have set writing this essay.
Expository Essay Main Body
When you proceed to the main body, make sure you know how to write properly:
- Write the key idea for each paragraph;
- Provide your paragraphs with enough supporting sentences;
- Explain why you are sure that the provided facts play a significant role.
Expository Essay Conclusion
If you have already come to the end of the essay, you should ensure you know how to write a conclusion for expository essay.
- Give an overview;
- Brainstorm possible problem solutions;
- Prove the necessity of your research.
Most Effective Advice from Expert
An expository essay is a genre of writing that will expose your writing skills and talent if written properly. First of all, you should get the meaning of the expository essay definition and choose the topic you know well or at least find it interesting to learn more about. If a person feels enthusiastic about something, they will be ready to spend much time making a research and will achieve success.
Remember that the main accent is on the author's personality, which means you are the most important figure in your essay. Your reader will see all details through the prism of your ideology.
That's why be attentive to details and develop your creative thinking as the top-quality work should contain a solid point of view supported by facts and unquestionable truth.
Imagine that your pieces of information are just pieces of a puzzle that you have to collect. Find the appropriate place for each one so that it sounds logical. And don’t try to copy other writers as only essays having their own voice are worth A-grades. Pay attention to your language as it should be eerror-free
Imagine that your essay is a precious stone and make all of its faces shine using an easily readable and original language.
Be wise and get started only if you are inspired to create a masterpiece.
Feel That Essay Writing isn’t Your Strong Point? Use Custom Essay Writing!
Students are overloaded with many tasks nowadays, which has a negative impact on the quality of the work done. If you don’t think that you have enough basic knowledge and experience to write a brilliant expository essay, you can use the custom paper help online. Make your life easier by asking the professional writer: “Write my paper, please”.
Your essay will be plagiarism-free and written according to the professional format requirements. Feel depressed because you don’t have time to cope with all assignments? Hurry up to fill out an essay order form at the site and forget about worries!
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now!