Free Essay On Problem And Solution
How To Stop Bullying
Bullying is the routine of picking up on a person who is physically weaker or has a low social standing. It is different in the way boys and girls carry it out. Boys tend to be physical in their threats whereas girls are mostly verbal. When a person gets bullied, he or she is likely to experience any of three results. The victim experiences negative feelings to the point of considering suicide. In most cases, the victim blames himself or herself for being bullied. Secondly, the victim also suffers mentally and could experience problems such as depression and low self esteem. These two challenges culminate in poor performance at school and the victim might even end up quitting school.
Forms of Bullying
Bullying can be categorised into three main forms. The first form of bullying, mostly common with boys, is the physical one. In this case, a bully can hit or kick his target with the intention of hurting him. In other cases, it is just pushing the victim as a way of imposing power. Even when a bully threatens to do any of these actions it is still bullying. This form of bullying could also include hiding a victim’s items. The other form of bullying, which is mostly feminine, is usually verbal. A bully utilising this form will call her victims names, tease her or insult her. Thirdly there is relationship bullying. With this form bullies ignore their victims, prevent victims from joining their groups or spread false information about a victim.
Ways of stopping bullying
As a victim of bullying, you can take measures to protect yourself from being bullied. First of all, you need to understand your strengths and concentrate on them rather than weaknesses that a bully highlights. With this knowledge, you will be able to implement the other anti-bullying tactic of walking away from the bully. This way, you will deny the bully an opportunity to have control over your emotions as would be the case if you get angry. You could even make this more interesting by adding humour to the situation or just smiling at it. In the even whereby you cannot walk away, keep yourself safe as you get bullied. In addition, you should know that it is never right to get bullied. Therefore, report it whenever it happens. These steps and many others need to be done repeatedly. This way, the bully will leave you alone at some point.
Do you know what a problem solution essay is? If not, then the first thing to know is that you should start by looking at a number of topics before choosing one that is suitable. After that, you will need to:
- Provide a detailed explanation of the problem;
- Recommend a suitable solution;
- Develop an argument that shows your solution is practical, capable of being achieved and cost-efficient;
- Say why your suggested solution is the best one.
Are you finding it difficult to choose a topic for your problem and solution essay? Take a look at the following list of ideas. Do not forget you can adapt any of these suggestions to suit your own purpose or circumstances.
Is driving a passion of yours? If it is, then the following problem and solution essay topics may interest you.
- How should people who are caught texting when driving be punished?
- Are there any improvements that could be made in your area to make driving a less stressful and more pleasant experience?
- How can parking be improved in a congested or busy area you are familiar with?
- Can people be taught to become better drivers and, if so, how?
- Should the use of public transport be better promoted and what incentives should people be given to use it?
- Are there any changes that could or should be made to existing speed limits and traffic laws to encourage better driving?
- Is the education for learner-drivers in your state good enough or is there room for improvement?
- Could the learner-driver laws in the state you live in be improved so that people become better and more careful drivers?
- What do you consider to be the most serious driving violations and is there any way these can be eradicated?
- How do you think deaths related to drink-driving can be prevented?
Topics on College Life
This problem solution essay topics list relates to college life where there are usually a number of good and bad issues to consider.
- Can students become better at exams and tests and, if so, how?
- Is there any way of reducing student procrastination?
- How can homesickness be dealt with most effectively?
- Is there an effective way to balance work, study and an active social life?
- Can college environments be made safer? How?
- Recommend ways of reducing stress amongst college students.
- What is the best criterion for choosing a college?
- Is it difficult for parents to let their children go when they begin college and what are the most effective ways to let go?
- What can students do to encourage their parents to given them their independence?
- How would you help a suicidal friend?
- What is the best way of asking or getting your parents to increase your allowance?
- What is the best way of dealing with problematic roommates?
- Is there anything you can do if those in the dormitory or apartment next to you are too noisy?
- When students start college, what should they do to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet?
- Is there any way of making college education less costly for students? Should at least part of student education be government-funded?
- What is the best way of coping when something a student hopes for does not happen, for example, if they don’t get the scholarship they hoped for or a place on the course they wanted?
- Are there any ways of improving attentiveness in class?
- Are there any study techniques a student can use to improve their grades?
- What are the most effective ways of managing attendance e.g. at lectures, classes, etc.?
- How can colleges help students when they fall behind and should a student’s parents be allowed to know their grades?
- What are the best ways of managing student finances?
- How can students stay fit and healthy if their favorite sport isn’t offered at their new college?
- How can colleges encourage students to actively take part in politics and elections on campus?
- How should students decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
Topics on Education
Here is another list of problem solution essay topics for college students.
- What can be done to provide students who are especially talented or gifted with suitable education?
- How should schools cater for special-needs students in order to serve them better?
- What is the best way of dealing with students who are disruptive and/or have behavioral problems?
- Should other languages such as Chinese or Arabic become compulsory for every student?
- What is the best way of making home-schooled students ready for college?
- Is there any way college education can be improved for students who have learning difficulties?
- How should cheating at school be handled and are there any preventative steps that can be taken?
- What is the best way of helping children who are failing in class or finding it difficult to keep up at school?
- Should schools do anything to address child obesity and, if so, what can they do?
- Should all schools operate by the same core curriculum and what do you suggest that curriculum contain?
- Should schools focus more on physical education (PE) with a view to building healthier and fitter communities?
- Should colleges and schools put more funding and resources into sports, fine arts and similar activities?
- How could your school or college be improved?
- What could or should be done to tackle bullying, violence and other types of anti-social activities in schools?
- Should conventional textbooks be replaced with digital media? Is there a case for every student having an iPad or laptop? Are schools adapting well to changing technologies?
Parenting and Family Matters
Parents and family are something every writer identifies with so here are a few topic ideas, which may help, especially if you are just learning how to write a problem solution essay.
- If parents are to help their children avoid eating disorders, how can they encourage them develop a healthy view of their bodies?
- Do you believe parents are responsible for their children’s body weight and how can families with obese children be helped?
- Is it important for parents to teach religion to their children and how can they do this?
- How can parents teach their offspring to manage money effectively?
- How can parents manage the way their children use cell phones and other technologies such as social media?
- How should parents discipline children and what are the most effective ways of doing this?
- Are there any ways that adoption rules should be changed so that children are given the opportunity of a loving family before they outgrow the welfare system?
- What is the best advice for parents who put too much pressure on children to achieve?
- What is the best way of helping families to cope with a child who has a mental illness?
Topics on Relationships
Everyone is concerned in some way with relationships. The following are some ideas that may help with your problem solution essays.
- What are the best ways of removing barriers so that we can communicate better with people who differ from ourselves in terms of culture, race and socioeconomic circumstances?
- What are the best ways of dealing with people who are manipulative and/or domineering?
- What advice would you offer someone in an unhealthy or unsuitable relationship?
- If you thought your friend was making poor lifestyle choices, what advice would you give them?
- Do you think texting has affected personal relationships for better or worse? Should or can anything be done to make sure the modern generation understands the difference between “real” and “virtual” relationships?
- Is there anything individuals and society as a whole can do to move away from stereotyping and racism?
- How would you help someone with depression symptoms?
- When a relationship is ready to move on from “friendship,” what is the best way to achieve this?
- What is the best way for a woman to let a man know she likes him? Do you think she should suggest a date?
Topics on Society
- What are the best ways of preventing divorce?
- What are the best ways of preventing teenage pregnancy?
- What are the best ways of eliminating or preventing racism?
- What is the best way of helping homeless people?
- How can young people be prevented from trying or using drugs?
- What are the best ways of helping those who suffer domestic or family violence?
- How can the number of deaths caused by drink driving be reduced or prevented?
- How can young people be encouraged to drive more safely?
- Modern media is often accused of portraying too much violence and making pornography too easily available. How can children be protected from the adverse effects of these?
- What can be done to improve literacy?
- What can be done to encourage people to live healthier lives e.g. by taking more exercise, not smoking, etc.?
- What are the best ways of helping school and college leavers to find employment?
- How should the increase in gun-type crime be tackled?
- How can prisoners be rehabilitated so that they become valuable members of society?
- What is the best way of dealing with illegal immigrants?
- What is the best way of dealing with terrorism?
- When a couple divorce, how can society help their children succeed academically, be happy and build solid relationships and/or marriages?
- What changes can be made to the welfare system to help people get out of poverty?
- What can be done to eliminate people trafficking?
- How can society strike a balance between freedom of speech and an individual’s right not to be insulted or abused?
- How can we ensure that proper healthcare is available to people everywhere in the world?
- Is there any way your locality can be made more friendly for cyclists and pedestrian?
Here are a few final ideas for a problem solution essay.
- How can athletes mentally prepare for occasional or even frequent defeat?
- Is sports training too difficult for young children? How should youngsters be taught their chosen sport?
- How can steroid use be limited or eliminated in sport?
- How should someone prepare if they are to succeed at a particular sport?
- Can anything be done to make your local sports team more successful and/or can local support be improved?
- How can professional sportsmen and women mentally prepare themselves for injury or even retirement?
- Do you think your favorite sporting venue could be improved and how?
- How can coaches incentivize their players to improve performance?
- How much payment do you think players of your favorite sport should get? Should payments be somehow divided or capped?
- Should those who participate in college sports get paid? Can colleges improve the effectiveness of athletics and sports education?
- Could the media cover a sport you follow better? Do some games get better coverage than other types?